How to Take Care of Jewelry
Each piece of Silverings jewelry is crafted with loads of love and therefore requires special care to maintain its beauty. As silver is not known for its inherent property of tarnishing over a period, the silver metal is plated and each stone is set with utmost delicacy. Please follow the advice below:
- Use an air-tight container: Any container can be used to store your silver, as long as it’s air-tight. Zip-lock bags are great. You can store it in the jewelry bags provided by us. Also, store your pieces separately to prevent any chance of jewelry scratching or tangling with each other.
- Avoid wearing jewelry in water:Apart from them getting gummed up by the residue from swimming, bathing, and cleaning over time, water may damage the plating and discolor them.
- Store in a cool, dark place: Sunlight, heat, and moisture accelerate tarnishing. Be sure to store your silver in a cool, dark place.
- Do not store in paper, cardboard, or cotton-filled boxes: These boxes may contain traces of sulfur which will contribute to tarnishing.
- Avoid perfumes: Perfumes tend to corrode the metal alloys which often leads to discoloration. It dulls the shine, affecting the appeal of your silver.
- Polish it with care: Polish your jewelry with a soft cloth occasionally to maintain its original finish.